General Aftercare Info
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may experience the following symptoms for the first few days:
- Minor swelling and redness, mild tenderness.
- Itchiness in and around the treatment area.
- Dry flaking skin (due to scabbing).
- These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
Please note your color will be more striking and sharply defined for 10 to 14 days after treatment but as the healing process occurs the color will thin, soften and lighten up to 60%.
The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, or you have oily/dry skin.
In many cases, some loss of color is to be expected. If this is the case a touch up visit can be scheduled allowing us to fine tune your enhancement.
Aftercare for Eyebrows
- Apply a healing balm (supplied, max. 3 times a day). Apply with a clean fingertip or q-tip. We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin but do not use directly on brows during the first week.
- Apply a thick layer of Vaseline to the treated area when washing your hair to prevent it from becoming wet. Gently remove the Vaseline with damp cotton pads.
- If the tattooed area gets wet, gently pat it dry using clean tissue.
- Itching is normal. Please DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB the treated area as the color may heal unevenly. Allow the color to flake naturally.
- Do not undergo any skincare beauty treatments for at least 5 days following the application of your enhancement.
- No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement during this time.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your brows to direct sunlight, tanning treatments, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- No brow/lash tints, brow waxing, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the enhancement region.
Aftercare for Eyeliner
- No makeup on eyes for at least 72 hours.
- A new mascara must be used after the 72 hours period to avoid infection.
- No need to apply aftercare balm on eyes as eyes are naturally moist.
- Please follow any additional aftercare instructions (when applicable).
Aftercare for Lips
- Drink through a straw for the first few days.
- Apply balm as often as necessary to keep lips moist.
- Avoid spicy and salty foods.
- No kissing until scabs have completely come off.
Aftercare for Paramedical & Body Tattoos
Leave the bandage on for about two hours. Occasionally, a bandage will fall off prematurely or won’t stick properly. If this happens, remove the bandage but do not reapply a new one. After the bandage has been removed, wash the tattoo gently with your fingertips. Use a mild solution of soap and water. Blot the tattoo dry with a clean tissue or soft cloth. Always be gentle when cleaning. Let the tattoo air out for a few minutes and apply a small amount of ointment. Do not coat or smother the tattoo as this will inhibit air to the area and impede the healing process. A thin layer rubbed in is sufficient. If the ointment does not absorb into the skin, blot it gently with a clean tissue or soft cloth.
Tattoos generally form scabs 2-4 days into the healing process. Do not pick at these. Let all scabbing/flaking come off naturally. Avoid pools, baths, hot tubs, etc. Showering is fine.